Again, I'm going to stick with bullets to make this easy and concise. I have to admit I am intimidated about trying to come up with 12 things I loved about this year.
Here goes nothing; 12 things I love(d) about 2012:
- Devoting my summer to running. The heat never bothered me; I loved getting out there and pushing myself.
- Skiing a New England high eight days last winter, despite the fact that snowfall was so low and conditions were far less than ideal. I braved the ice and spotty coverage, and I think I became a better skier for it.
- Putting insecurities aside and hitting the club in Boston. These nights are some of my fondest memories. I especially loved getting dressed up and rocking high heels and short skirts.
- Reconnecting with my favorite cover band. They have become some of my closest friends, and I love going to shows and hanging out. I reconnected with the dancer and live music lover in me.
- Providence Restaurant Week. I attended both sessions this year and discovered some delightful new restaurants.
- Finishing my first half marathon with a very respectable time.
- Beach and boat days. We had such a hot summer, and I took advantage spending as much time in the summer sun as I could.
- Following on #7, the best tan I've probably ever had. Between running, boating, spending afternoons at the beach, laying on the beach after losing my job and cruising the Caribbean, I owned a glowing tan.
- Celebrating my birthday my way. It was a great week. Yes, a full week.
- Eastern/Southern Caribbean cruise. Any year I cruise, this is one of my favorite things about the year. I love being on the ocean and in warm, tropical places. I needed and loved this trip.
- Running the annual sales meeting at my former company. The prep, the challenges, the planning, the relationships developed, the execution... I lived for every moment and loved it.
- Disney World with my mom. It was so hot and so exhausting, but we had a great time, and I loved having dedicated mother-daughter time away from home.
What did you love about your 2012?