This image pretty much sums up my feelings and physical state after the week I've had working two jobs -- my full-time day job, and then covering stories for my freelance newspaper gig at night. I'm exhausted, my friends. So, I'm sorry that I didn't post yesterday, and I'm sorrier I missed Writer's Workshop because I heart it.
But, there's not much time to catch up on sleep because there is a wonderful, glorious weekend ahead of me, full of sunshine and summer-like weather! Tonight, I am heading to see the Red Sox farm team play in Pawtucket, RI (that would be the PawSox, y'all), and then tomorrow is the spring Beerfest in Providence! Always a good time, and the weather is only going to contribute to the jovial atmosphere. Sunday, I'll be fighting my inevitable hangover to go out to lunch for Jed's grandfather's 90th birthday! Certainly an occasion to celebrate.
Since I didn't do this last Friday, and I'm too exhausted to do much else, here is Fill-in-the-Blank Friday... from last Friday. I'm really current, huh? ;-)
1. One song that always takes me back to my youth is "Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel.
2. My first concert ever was the local radio station's festival show; I was most excited to see Matchbox 20.
3. If I could create my dream music festival I'd want these bands to be there: Matchbox 20, Train, Sugar Ray, Billy Joel, Michael Buble, Kenny Chesney, Sugarland, Foo Fighters, Taylor Swift and Celine Dion (yes, I have very varied taste in music!).
4. The best make-out/"boot knocking" song ever is "Truly, Madly, Deeply" by Savage Garden.
5. The best concert I've ever been to was any Matchbox 20 show... but especially May 2003 when I got floor seats as a college graduation present.
6. A memorable musical moment for me was getting Rob Thomas' autograph from my neighbor, who was sure to tell him that I'm his biggest fan.
7. The song on my iPod that's getting the most play these days is ... I can't remember the last time I listened to my iPod.
Enjoy the last day of April, peeps!