Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, March 14, 2013

#scintilla13: 7/1/13 - The day Reader died

This is not something incredible interesting that happened to me, as The Scintilla Project specifies for today's post, but it has me so overwhelmed that I had to share it. Plus, I'm sure it affects many of you as well.

So, here we go, an instruction manual on the day I found out that Google Reader will die.
  1. Log into Google Reader to browse today's blog updates.
  2. A window pops up informing you that Google Reader will be retired on July 1, 2013.
  3. You can navigate to Google Takeout (has anyone else ever heard of this before? I hadn't), where you can download an archive of every RSS feed you subscribe to and your entire Google Reader life.
  4. As of July, you are SOL and in search of a new RSS reader.
Ahhhh! Does anyone else have a good RSS reader suggestion??? I'm desperate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously- I could not ( and still do not) believe this. Google Reader is pretty much my life for staying in touch with just about everything.
Lifehacker had this link with info on RSS readers. http://lifehacker.com/5990456/google-reader-is-getting-shut-down-here-are-the-best-alternatives?utm_campaign=socialflow_lifehacker_twitter&utm_source=lifehacker_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your unique perspective and message of hope. It is very good to be reminded that language and "knowledge" can dissociate us not only from others but from ourselves. Visit here