Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Monday, March 22, 2010

Friend-Making Monday: Spring survey



Happy Friend Makin Monday! 
Here are my answers!
..................................................................
 
1. Favorite things about Spring:
The smell of damp dirt {reminds me of the new life brewing in there}, daylight savings time, blooming daffodils and crocuses, warming temperatures, summer daydreams.

2. What I'm doing for Spring Break:
Spring break no longer exists in my reality. :-(  We're not even planning a spring vacation.

3. Favorite Spring flower:
Daffodils and cherry/dogwood blossoms.

4. Do you have a garden?
No, but my boyfriend's mother comes over to plant flowers for me since I was born without a green thumb.

5. If so, what do you grow.
See above. I'd love to have a small vegetable/herb garden because my dad always grew fresh veggies when I was growing up, but I don't have the mind for it. I killed the cherry tomato plant I had last summer. :-/

6. Do you do Spring cleaning?
Not officially. I was thinking of it, but I'm too lazy. LOL! I am planning on weeding out the winter clothes I didn't wear when I put them into storage and pull out my summer clothes, though. And Jed cleaned up the yard this weekend.

7. What is your weather *really* like right now? {Just b/c it's "officially" spring, doesn't mean that it feels like it for some of you} 
Last week was really warm spring weather: sunny, high 60's to low 70's, but it's becoming more New England typical this week: alternate sunny/cloudy, 50 degrees.

8. Snapped any weather related photos lately? Share one with us!
Nope! Sorry. When it gets prettier here I will.

9. What's your favorite thing to do on a sunny afternoon?
Take my dog somewhere fun to walk outside, or sit in the backyard and read a book.

10. Favorite spring TV show right now? 
I don't think I have one. I can't think of any *new* shows I'm watching. Oh, maybe Four Weddings on TLC. Has anyone seen that yet? It's kinda funny.

Happy Monday! Hope you can play along -- make sure you link back to Amber if you do {click the FMM image to visit her blog}.

7 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

Last week's weather was such a tease! Now we are in for two more months of cold, rainy dreariness...oh, New England springs...

Sierra said...

Spring cleaning...I totally did this this past weekend and was a bit scared of how many dresses I actually have, lol!

Anna said...

eeps i need to watch that tlc show!
happy monday ladybug!
xoxo

Jessica said...

I wish that I could get my butt in gear and do Spring cleaning, but it's not official in my world either. It's more or less here and there cleaning.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Just dropped in from FMM. I have watched that show (yet) but it will probably make it's way into my viewing schedule one of these days. TLC is one of my favorite channels!

bananas. said...

don't worry friend...i haven't had a spring break in AGES!!! i'm so OLDDDD!!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ohhhhhh the responsibility free days of Spring Break...SIGH. : )