- It has been over a week since I have posted, and before that, I can't remember how long. Clearly one of my resolutions for 2011 was not to blog more. LOL
I have been thinking a lot about blogging and specifically my blog... while reading all of your blogs -- which you are so good at keeping fun and updated. What do I want my blog to be this year? What is Nifer Musings and how do I want to use it?
I realized I really do have a lot going through my head and a lot happening in my life, and this space is where I can hash it out, share it and, most importantly, store it for myself. I want this place to be somewhere I can visit as well as create -- a place where I can look back and remember what I did six months or two years ago.
So, I'm going to try. I'm going to try to take more pictures and write about what's going on with me. Plus, I'll still post recipes and TV commentary and articles I find interesting. Oh yeah, and I still want to finish #reverb10. :)
What has been up with you, peeps? It's been forever. Here's a little bit of what I've been up to...
- The holidays were great. This was the first holiday Jed and I spent together, so we were busy shuttling between both of our families (we haven't quite gotten this down to routine/tradition yet). New Year's Eve was pretty quiet. We had Jed's college friends and their spouses over to our house for Chinese, movies, games and watching the ball drop. Everyone wore their PJ's and just chilled... with bubbly and beer of course!
- Work is actually going pretty well. Q4 (we have an April 1 fiscal year) should be eventful, stressful and fun! I'm looking forward to the next couple of months.
- I decided that I won't be running this winter with all the snow and cold weather we've been getting, so I got a monthly unlimited pass to the studio my best friend goes to for Zumba classes. Zumba seven days a week people! It's been great. I hope to continue in February and March then go back to Couch to 5K.
- I also want to try out a new Yoga studio near my house for some Gentle Flow Yoga.
- I'm on week four of reading David Copperfield. I started out strong, but now I'm slowing down. I need to pick it up again and read daily!
- Last weekend, I went ice skating for the first time in probably eight years, and it was so much fun! I'm not a pro by any means, but my friend and I held hands and stuck together and had a great conversation too!
- Also last weekend, I went up to Mount Sunapee in NH with my aunt and sister to ski! It was our first time up there, and it was great! The conditions were perfect. It was a bright, sunny day, and it wasn't even too cold! I will definitely be going back there.
- I am very sad about my beloved Patriots. That's really all I have to say. I don't want to talk about it anymore.
- Yesterday was my baby sister's birthday. She's 24! Jed and I headed to my parents' house for dinner and cake. We even got to bring Morris, which sis loved, and he was such a silly pup.
- I can't believe it's Friday. I've been losing track of the date lately. On tap for this weekend is lots of Zumba (hopefully), maybe seeing Black Swan (can't wait, have heard such mystifying things about it!), going to a party tomorrow night for a friend's 30th birthday, and some skiing on Sunday.
- It's snowing today. Again. But I'm not going to complain. I'm extremely fortunate that I can stay home and work when there's bad weather; I know not everyone is so lucky, so I hope those of you who have to commute in the snow are staying safe.
I think that's about all with me. Let me know what has been going on with all of you! What's on tap for the weekend?
- I'm going to have quite a few days off coming up. I have something like three weeks of vacation I have to use up before March 31, or I lose it. I just planned out 13 days off yesterday -- some of them for my upcoming long ski weekend at Mount Washington, NH. So excited! I have loved going up there for the past three years, and it has become such a nice tradition.
P.S. Sorry this post is wacky with format... had some Blogger issues!
Peterson Ridge Rumble 20 Miler
11 hours ago