Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Easy as ABC

I need some easy posts. I've been putting a lot of pressure on myself to create more quality content on here, but sometimes my brain is just too fried for that. 


Side note: I'm putting a project on my to-do list to clean up my labels and try to really structure content around here, so if you're looking for something specific here or really love something you read here, let me know so I can be sure to include it. Whoa run-on sentence!


This post is courtesy of Amber at Girl With The Red Hair -- a blog I discovered recently and absolutely love. Amber's focus is mostly on a healthy lifestyle, using her own as an example -- fitness, recipes, running, Yoga, all that good stuff.


Now... my ABC's...



Age: 29
Bed size: Queen. Definitely need to upgrade to a king in the next house though (our current bedroom is too small for a king).
Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower/bathtub. I'm not really sure why, but I'll clean the toilet before I clean the shower!
Dogs: Yes, one. An almost three-year-old Lhasa Apso named Morris Arthur. I love my pup.
Morris walking through the fresh snow in our driveway, Jan. 2011
Essential start to your day: Coffee. It is not a compromise.
Favorite color: Blue. Doesn't matter what shade or tone. I'll take them all!
Gold or silver: Silver... or white gold, but gold is just so expensive these days.
Height: Somewhere between 5″4 and 5″5 :) (keeping Amber's answer here as it applies)
Instruments you play(ed): None. I learned the basics on the recorder in high school. Tried a bit of piano. Notes confound me. I'm better with my feet -- I was a dancer.
Job title: Marketing Professional, Content & Events, during the day and correspondent by night (aka freelance reporter)
Kids: None, but I'm a great "aunt" and cousin. Kids are definitely in my five-year plan though.
Live: Rhode Island, but my heart will forever reside in Boston.
Mom’s name: Debbie... really Deborah, but she's not such a fan.
Nicknames: Jen, Nifer, Howie, J.Ho, Superstar, J Babe
Overnight hospital stays: My birth obviously, plus two, both for sinus surgeries when I was in high school.
Pet peeve: Bad drivers. That's a good umbrella for all those who don't use blinkers, can't merge, drive the speed limit in the left lane, can't grasp the concept of a travel lane, stop unnecessarily, think yellow means stop, etc.
Quote from a movie: I've gotten awful at remembering good quotes from movies, so I got nothing here. So sorry.
Righty or Lefty: Righty
Siblings: One younger sister, La. She just turned 24.
Time you wake up: Anywhere between 6 and 11 a.m.
Underwear: Yes? LOL... All Victoria's Secret. ALL.OF.IT. That's what happens when you work there for a year...
Vegetables you don’t like: There's a few: cabbage, spinach (except in rare situations where I can't really taste it), turnips... that's all I can think of right now.
What makes you run late: Blogging! LOL I'm late right now... :(
X-Rays you’ve had: Teeth, sinuses, right forearm, left foot/ankle.
Yummy food you make: I made an excellent marsala pasta dish last Thursday (I've been awful about posting my new recipes!) that even Jed gave four stars to. It's going into the rotation.
Zoo animal favorite: Large felines, especially tigers. I could stand there and watch them for HOURS.
(Sorry for the weird font and spacing... ugh Blogger)

No comments: