Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Finally Shows... with Some Blanks

Happy Friday! I don't know about you, but I am so grateful Friday is finally here (and a sunny one at that!). This is my first five-day workweek in a while, and I've been busting it out overtime because work has been crazy, so I am exhausted. Looking forward to some fun this weekend painting our guest room and seeing a favorite cover band tomorrow night.

What do you have planned for the weekend?

Everyone is jumping on Lauren's "Fill in the Blank Friday" wagon, so I'm jumping back on and bring back and oldie but goodie. 

Courtesy of Lauren

1.   The phrase or punctuation I overuse most is       Jed just told me this week that I say "um" a lot when I am presenting for work. Embarrassing. I also use ellipsis and dashes a lot in my writing, I think...  

2.  Today I am thankful for    Friday! See above   .

3.  My best friend is    so fantastic. I love her to pieces, and I don't know what I would do without her. I am over-the-moon happy for her right now   .

4.  A quirky thing about me is     my OCD tics. I've become more aware of them, and man, they are WEIRD  .

5.  This weekend I     am checking out a new gym, painting the guest room, seeing a cover band with Jed, my sister and my ladies, going to church and doing whatever else the weekend brings   .

6.  Something that worries me is       money. Really stresses me out sometimes. Like I woke up at 3:30 this morning and felt the urge to go check my account balance because I was scared I didn't have enough (thankfully I resisted the urge)   .

7.  On my night stand you would find       alarm clock, lotion, pillow spray, scented tealight candle, cell phone charger, decorative vase with sea grass, wooden sea turtle and the teddy bear Jed gave me for Valentine's Day two years ago. I also usually have some sort of hair elastic or clip there that I was wearing that day and/or the book I am currently reading    .

If you don't link up at Lauren's, tell me in the comments your answer to one of the seven questions above! :)

1 comment:

Dorkys Ramos said...

Oh you're not alone when it comes to money worries. I think mine really kicked it up a notch when I was laid off back in 2009. So scary and stressful and even though I now have a new job and get paid every week, I'm still scared to check my account balance regularly. It's a bad habit I really need to get rid of as soon as possible.