Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, December 9, 2011

Bad Blogger

Ugh, I was just going through my Reader, and I realized that out of 21 days of journaling for #21DJC, I managed just seven posts. Double ugh... 14 ughs to be exact.

Through the challenge is officially over, I still plan on addressing the topics here... just as soon as this cold/sinus infection/cough decides it's month-long stay is over and work slows down just a tiny bit.

I'm also pushing just a bit to accomplish my goal of reading 12 books in 2011. I have four more to go... in three weeks!

Finally, I'll admit that I am a little bummed, and I have been TERRIBLE the last two months about working out. I hurt my foot after my last race -- the Tufts 10K for Women in Boston -- and I decided since that was my last race, some time off would be good. Since then (October 10th for those who are counting), I have run a total of two miles. One was two weeks post race, and the other was about two weeks ago. It was painful -- not only because I hadn't been running, but more importantly on my foot. Several "personal experts" I've talked to think I torn a tendon or ligament eight years ago when the problem started, and running has only aggravated it. Anyway, I need to see a doctor. Soon.

No comments: