Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

#2013Countdown: What are 12 things you love about year 2012?

I am a bit off-track with my #2013Countdown posts, but I do hope to catch up over the next week to squeeze them all in by the new year.

Again, I'm going to stick with bullets to make this easy and concise. I have to admit I am intimidated about trying to come up with 12 things I loved about this year.

Here goes nothing; 12 things I love(d) about 2012:

  1. Devoting my summer to running. The heat never bothered me; I loved getting out there and pushing myself.
  2. Skiing a New England high eight days last winter, despite the fact that snowfall was so low and conditions were far less than ideal. I braved the ice and spotty coverage, and I think I became a better skier for it.
  3. Putting insecurities aside and hitting the club in Boston. These nights are some of my fondest memories. I especially loved getting dressed up and rocking high heels and short skirts.
  4. Reconnecting with my favorite cover band. They have become some of my closest friends, and I love going to shows and hanging out. I reconnected with the dancer and live music lover in me.
  5. Providence Restaurant Week. I attended both sessions this year and discovered some delightful new restaurants.
  6. Finishing my first half marathon with a very respectable time. 
  7. Beach and boat days. We had such a hot summer, and I took advantage spending as much time in the summer sun as I could. 
  8. Following on #7, the best tan I've probably ever had. Between running, boating, spending afternoons at the beach, laying on the beach after losing my job and cruising the Caribbean, I owned a glowing tan.
  9. Celebrating my birthday my way. It was a great week. Yes, a full week.
  10. Eastern/Southern Caribbean cruise. Any year I cruise, this is one of my favorite things about the year. I love being on the ocean and in warm, tropical places. I needed and loved this trip.
  11. Running the annual sales meeting at my former company. The prep, the challenges, the planning, the relationships developed, the execution... I lived for every moment and loved it.
  12. Disney World with my mom. It was so hot and so exhausting, but we had a great time, and I loved having dedicated mother-daughter time away from home. 
What did you love about your 2012?

No comments: