Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Eeeeee... time to start running!

This just happened:
B.A.A. Distance Medley
Thank you for registering for the 2013 B.A.A. Distance 
Medley.

Your Entry is CONFIRMED.

I am both excited and scared. I haven't run in five weeks, but I wanted to complete the Distance Medley so badly last year and couldn't because of injury. I ran the 10K and half marathon last year and loved both races -- despite the pain involved. This year's courses are the same, so I am looking to PR both the 10K and half, as well as PR my 5K distance.

I love running in Boston, and these races will keep me on track this running season. They will probably be the only races I run other than the Harpoon 5-Miler... and maybe some random 5K's my friends talk me into.

Oh, and I'm super thrilled to be able to run across this historic finish line at the end of the 5K:

Wish me luck getting back into the running groove and outrunning this awful, chronic sinus/cough disaster I have going on!

No comments: