Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, May 21, 2010

Fill in the blank Friday: Fashion

I'll admit I was intimated by this week's theme: fashion, but once I read Lauren's questions and answers, I got really excited. These are just really fun, so I hope you'll play along and link up to Lauren's blog. I'm also adding pictures because, well, you can't write about fashion without images, and I'm feeling generous on this gorgeous Friday (haha).


1.  One fashion trend I really regret is grunge. Oh, what were we thinking? Why was this deemed attractive and cool? The bagginess, the Berkenstocks, the t-shirts... awful! Ok, I still wear Doc Martens on occasion...


2.  The one thing that always completes any outfit is  shoes. I never feel dressed without shoes, and I'll actually build outfits around a particular pair of shoes I feel like wearing.


3.  I would describe my personal style as  casual classic. Think Audrey Hepburn... because that's what I think when I get dressed in the morning.



4.  My fashion muse is  Reese Witherspoon. She, in my opinion, is our modern-day Audrey Hepburn. I don't think I've ever seen her wearing something I wouldn't wear. She always looks so comfortable yet put-together.


5.  If I could own one designer piece of clothing it would be   a timelessly classic gown. I can't pick just one designer because I like pieces by so many of them, but a classic gown is the one thing I would really shell out the money for, since I would get so much wear out of it.


6.  I would love to raid the wardrobe of  Reese Witherspoon. Could I just take her entire closet? Especially that outfit on the right above (white pants and blue shirt with flip-flops))! Please and thank you.


7.  Today I am wearing  (oh my, I'm so embarrassed!) my pajamas -- light flannel pants and a college t-shirt. I'm working from home and cleaning the house after, so no time or point in showering, yet. If Jed and I go out tonight, I'll put on some jeans and maybe one of my cute new Gap tops since it's warm today .




See? Wasn't that fun? 


So what's on the agenda for this weekend, friends? I'm hoping you all have as nice of weather as we are having here in the Ocean State -- it's teasing with 80 degrees, and the sun is shining brightly.


On my agenda: cleaning the house (that's a given on any weekend), enjoying the lovely weather outdoors, watching a movie with Jed (either at home or in a theater), having Dad visit, change the oil in my car, hang out with friends, cook lamb chops for the first time, and witness the Lost finale with old roommates in their "new" apartment.


Happy Friday! 




{Images via Google Images... 12, 3, 4, 5}

10 comments:

Ashley said...

I still wear my Doc Martens on occasions too and I love Reese's style.

Unknown said...

Doc Martens! You brought me back a few years. Loved mine. And my birks!

Julia said...

i said reese witherspoon too :) she's so adorable yet classy and elegant at the same time!

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

see...not intimidating, right? and sounds like you're plenty stylish. if you dress anything like either audrey OR reese you've got a good thing going :).

thanks for playing along!

{Lauren}

Lin said...

Ha, I used to dress grunge too. I still sport my dr. martin boots, they're still my faves.

Stopping by from Lauren's blog :)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Reese Witherspoon has the most fabulous style!

Elisha said...

I'm a fan of the timelessly classic gown! If I could wear ballgowns and formal-wear everyday and have it be acceptable [and affordable], I would do it without blinking. :D

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ugh, I commented on another blog about grunge. Icksville!

Shell said...

I still wear my docs. *blushes* The mary jane style.

I do adore Reece Witherspoon's wardrobe. Love that last outfit.

Sierra said...

Good for you for wearing those PJ's and a classic gown would be so much fun to wear. I wish we had somewhere to wear it too, would be so much fun!