Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wishful Wednesday: Bedroom

'I wish'.... I could come home to this beachy bedroom every night!

When Jed and I bought the house last year, I told him I wanted to decorate the bedroom with a beach-inspired theme. He gave me the go-ahead, and he even helped me pick out some accessories and pictures! I do come home to a beachy bedroom every night, but it could be better (am I ever truly happy? No!), including actually being on the beach (just because I live in the Ocean State doesn't mean I'm on the water)!

 So, my ideal "beachy bedroom" would be some combination of this:
and this:
I would be in absolute paradise every  night when I came home! The first bedroom overlooks the Pitons in St. Lucia (a dream come true!), with an infinity pool -- that maybe I would replace with an infinity hot tub. Oh yeah, baby! The bathroom is right behind the bed, elevated by a few steps, with a rain stand-up shower, jetted tub for two, sink and toilet. At this resort, there's just a half wall separating the bathroom, but I'd do a full wall, of course, maybe with a window in the shower and over the tub so you can look out to the ocean and mountains.

And the bedding in the second picture is perfect. Bright yet soothing in ocean-inspired colors and prints, and white furniture is a must for any beach bedroom -- preferably white-washed. I like the simplicity of this bedroom and how it opens right to the beach and palm trees. I'd like to be able to walk out to the sandy shore from my bedroom... on a private beach, of course, so people wouldn't be looking right into my magnificient room!


{Images via Jade Mountain and The Company Store respectively}

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, man. Talk about the perfect bedroom. I would love that! I would love to live on the beach, period. One of my favorite books, The Last Summer (Of You and Me), always puts me in the mood for that rustic beach scenery. It's my favorite atmosphere.

A Wedding Story said...

Love this!! That view would be amazing. It looks like Hawaii!

What's New with Mrs.T said...

Ahhh reminds me of a tropical island! So nice!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Holy cow that first picture is just perfect for me, haha!

Anna said...

i just want a really really big marshmallow for a bed. that is all. my box spring on my bed right now is from 1919. I KID YOU NOT. oy-and it's as terrible as it sounds. lol
xoxo hope your having a happy week!!!
xo

Shannon said...

I'm loving your first picture since I will actually BE in St. Lucia with a similar view next week! So excited!!!

Sammy said...

I love the beachy bedrooms, that whitewashed bed is so pretty! :)

Shell said...

I love the second one!

There is actually a bedspread in bed, bath, and beyond that I want- it's blues, greens, and white, with an ocean/beach theme- water and flip flops. So cute.

Beth McC. said...

LOVE your picks, that view is amazing! Your blog is too cute!

Samantha said...

I think you take the cake with that first one! If I went on vacation there, you'd have trouble dragging me from that room!!

Elisha said...

mmmm. I think I just want the view from the St Lucia room! Seriously, who wouldn't want to look out at that gorgeous vista every sunrise and sunset??

I like the combination of the two styles too! I think the first one looks too modern and the second one would add a little homey-ness to it.

Classic Passion said...

I want to live there. Those rooms are fantastic!!!