I hope to get back on a regular posting schedule. What that will look like going forward, I'm not quite sure of yet. Some of the weekly features may be leaving or changing, and I'm hoping to get out some new and different content.
All I know for sure is it's good to be back here, and I hope to keep coming back!
the little things we do hosts fill-in-the-blank Fridays every other Friday, and I love playing along! If you want to join the fun, you can click over to Lauren's blog to grab the blanks and link up your post. I'd love for you to let me know if you do so I can come check out your blanks!
1. My favorite thing about this week has been my central air in this heat wave! Seriously, learning the ropes in my new job. I got a new job! I still work for the same company, but now I am in the marketing department handling internal communication, which represents a huge career step for this writer and communications guru. I couldn't be happier, although that's what's been keeping me away from all of you the past couple weeks .
2. The weather this week has been HOT! I'll second that, Lauren! Monday was oppressive outside - 95 and humid - and Tuesday was even worse! I think we were at a 105 heat index. This weekend we're supposed to be getting cooling rain .
3. The last (interesting) item I received in the mail was the Yankee Candles I ordered from the annual sale online .
4. The last movie I saw was The A-Team. I wasn't quite sure what to expect going in (I watched the show, but I was, like, three at the time), but I really enjoyed it! It was the perfect mix of action/comedy .
5. If I could be doing anything I felt like today I would not be working and laying on the beach reading a book. It's the perfect beach day. Ok, all week has been perfect beach days because it's been too hot to be anywhere else outside .
6. As a teenager I was such an angst-ridden drama queen. I kinda want to vomit a little when I think about how much harder I made life for myself .
7. I wish I could trade lives for the day with Oprah. I'm dying to know what a day in her life is like. It must be incredible .
Have a great weekend! I'll be attending a legitimate keg party tomorrow (yes, I have not been to one of those since college, should be interesting), and we'll be having dinner with friends, possibly, tonight and Sunday night. Looking forward to a fun weekend with fun people!