Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Review of Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol"

The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon, #3)The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Like Brown's previous Langdon novels, "The Lost Symbol" is a page-turner. It kept me in suspense chapter by chapter, and there were nights I had trouble putting it down. However, the ending - the last eight chapters or so - was slow and dragged out. I feel Brown could have concluded long before he did. His strength is suspense and puzzlement, not descriptive, poetic prose.

View all my reviews

No comments: