Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

#reverb10 - What makes you different, makes you beautiful!


December 8 Prompt: Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.



I am a writer (not one who smokes, but the image struck me). I observe. I form opinions. I hold beliefs and values. I feel. I witness. I hear. I see. I take all of these experiences and I craft words that fit. I piece those words together like a jigsaw puzzle, and people read what I write to learn, to experience, to be entertained, to satiate curiosity.

I am a writer. I write to heal. I write to express. I write because, somewhere deep down inside of my soul, I am egotistical. Oh yeah, I love that byline. I love seeing my name in print, not as the subject, but as the creator.

I am a writer. I create. I make art. I entertain. I am really no different than a painter or an actor or a singer. 

I am a writer. My words make people laugh, cry, get angry, take action. My words make people feel.

I am a writer. I give a voice to those who cannot speak. I witness for those who cannot see. I listen for those who cannot hear. I feel for those who cannot touch.

I am a writer who came so close to not writing this post because I struggled with how I was beautifully different. I wasn't sure how I light people up, brighten their lives. My struggle reminds me of Akeelah and the Bee because the title character had a similar struggle. She tried to hide her light -- what she was best at. I cannot hide my writing. It is my strength, my light, my talent, my gift. 
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?" Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.  
~ Marianne Williamson ~  


1 comment:

KittyCat said...

That is great advice.
Thank you . I will remember that.

New here


Kittycat