Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wee Bits on Wednesday

I try not to participate in a ton of these types of posts because I started this blog to write, not to answer a bunch of questions about myself. However, I have had feedback that some readers like these posts and the "get-to-know-you/me" aspect, so I'll keep doing them every now and then.

If you'd like to participate, visit Leigh's blog for the button, the questions and to link up.


{one} what’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?
Wow... I haven't had a whole lot of random dates... although I'm sure an awful one will come to me after I publish this. I guess the worse date I've ever been on was the date that ended with my boyfriend breaking up with me. Yeah, that was pretty bad.

{two} if you could be any other person for one day, who would it be?
I'm going to just say Oprah because I am just so in awe of her, and I would love to know what it feels like to be her.

{three} what is your favorite kind of cheese?
Anything fondue or melty. I love hot melty cheese.

{four} do you remember your 1st grade teacher?
Barely. Her name was Mrs. Gay. Yes, she addressed that day one of school (this was 1987, after all).

{five} who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?
No one anymore. I kinda just retract into myself to deal with it internally. I've become a pretty good coach for myself.

{six} were you ever in a school talent show?
Oh yes. In neon pink leggings. No one should ever wear neon pink leggings.

{seven} who is your favorite fictional character?
Hmmm... not sure... that is a really good question!

{eight} can you open your eyes underwater?
No, because I'm usually wearing contacts, and I think that would make them fall out. Or cause a yucky eye infection.

{nine} do you look at the keyboard when you type?
Not usually. I'm a pretty good typer, thank you Mavis Beacon. :)

{ten} when was the last time you took a nap?
I came pretty close on Sunday after my race! 

3 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

I know what you mean about answering a lot of these surveys....but they can be a nice break once in awhile and a great way to get to know people! For example, how else would I have known you rocked neon pink leggings?! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I was in a school talent show in neon yellow tights. Oh yeah!

Sierra said...

He he neon leggings?! Love it and I know how the contacts feel, it would hurt if you opened your eyes!