Oh my gosh, I am in love with this salad! Pardon the mid-devouring picture, but once I took the first delicious bite, I knew I wanted to share this. This is my lunch today, and it really just came out of needing to use some fresh veggies I have in the fridge. I'm in the middle of my workday, so I can assure you this is really quick and easy to prepare; you could even prep it beforehand and bring all of the ingredients into the office. Oh yes, and it's super healthy too!
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 small tomato (I used a vine-ripened from the store, but whatever your preference)
- a few leaves of lettuce (I used green leaf, but again, whatever you prefer)
- kosher salt (optional, I've had a major tomato with salt craving lately)
- basil (I used the dried basil leaf from my spice rack, but fresh, chopped basil would be even better)
- balsamic vinegar (probably no more than a tbsp.)
- extra-virgin olive oil (no more than a tbsp.)
- Rip up the lettuce and place in the bottom of a bowl or plate.
- Slice cucumber and spread over lettuce.
- Slice tomato and place on top of cucumber.
- Sprinkle with salt, if desired, and basil.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and EVOO.
I think this would be delicious with some fresh-brewed iced tea (didn't have time to make that yet today) and maybe some fresh, crusty bread... ooooh... with pesto!
Ok, I'll stop and go back to eating now. Tell me: What's your favorite fast, easy, healthy lunch?