Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Mix Up


1.  The most adventurous thing I've ever done is       almost drove an ATV over a cliff... accidentally. That ATV tour was certainly an adventure, and one that I probably will never repeat  .

2.  If I were a pair of shoes I  would be     classic, leather, t-strap flat sandals... in tan. Practical, high-quality, goes with everything and adorable, the perfect summer shoe  .

3.  My preferred mode of digital communication is        texting. Like Lauren, I'm not a fan of phone conversations anymore (I moved on from the three-hour phone calls in high school), and email can get clunky  .

4.  I feel happiest when       I am traveling  .

5.  A little dream I have for my life is     to travel the world .

6.  The one modern convenience I could NOT do without is       running water. Not modern enough for you? Ok, the internet, then   .

7.  Music, movies, TV or books:  if I could only choose one to enjoy I would pick       music. I adore reading and I love movies, but I need background noise, and music is it. Music can also keep me company and lift my spirits    . 


I'm so proud of these little blessings I post everyday, and I think it's working! I haven't felt really down and ungrateful about my life. Today, I count my blessings such as...

... Lauren of the little things we do, who created Fill in the Blank Friday and whose blog is just so lovely. If you don't read her blog, please do so immediately. I guarantee you will be charmed.

... all of you reading this post! I finally got around to reading all your lovely comments from the week this morning, and I was truly touched. You are all so sweet, and I'm so glad we are friends.

... time with friends and family this weekend. I didn't even have to make the plans, people just volunteered to spend time with me, and I couldn't be happier about it. I love when everything falls into place without effort.

What is making you giddy this Friday?

3 comments:

Shell said...

What did we do before texting? Actually have to have conversations? Yuck. I love to text.

Romanian Princess said...

I want to be a traveler, I'm happy you've got to experience that! I love texting as well, so wonderful! I love reading your blog!

www.romanianprincess.com

Thanks, Nicole Mariana

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

you are so sweet :). glad you enjoy my little blog!

and i hope you get to do a bit of traveling...or actually...a LOT of traveling would be even better!

happy weekend!

xo
{Lauren}