Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Monday, October 11, 2010

Major fail!

I only ran two days last week, and I didn't post on either of them. Fail.

I am determined to run three days this week, plus a long walk tomorrow. Today I had to cut it short by about five minutes because I got an awful cramp in my side. Don't you hate those? Grrr...

Patience is crucial, and I'm trying. I'm not sure what I'm so anxious to do that I can't just enjoy this journey for what it is. I guess I want to be able to run those full three miles because, in my mind, then I will be a runner -- as compared to the wannabe runner I apparently think I am now.

Anywho, here's today's playlist:

  • Walla Walla -- The Offspring
  • She's Got Issues -- The Offspring (the iPod really liked them today!)
  • A Message 2010 -- Coldplay (off the Hope for Haiti album)
  • Show It to Me -- T.I. featuring Nelly
  • Stay Fly Remix -- Three 6 Mafia
The plan for the rest of the week:
  • Walk a mile to the library tomorrow to return Catch-22 (hopefully completed) and check out Walden by Henry David Thoreau
  • C25K W2D2 Wednesday at the gym after work
  • Walk around Fenway/BU Thursday night before the Lady Antebellum concert (yahoo!)
  • C25K W2D3 Friday morning, followed by house cleaning
Hopefully I'll be a little better about updating this week.

Before I wrap up this post, I just want to note one thing I am grateful for: this gorgeous autumn weather, perfect for outdoor running!

Hope Monday was nice to you all... 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Don't feel bad about not posting, I've been terrible lately with my updates, as you may have noticed. What do you think of the C25K plan so far? I'm on week 6 and its going great.