Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, August 15, 2013

#Gratitude Challenge: 10 + 3

via Google Images
Today is the official start of my 14-day gratitude challenge. Yesterday, when I set my intention for the next two weeks, I failed to mention that I was participating as part of a virtual group, led by Celes of Personal Excellence (you can click the link to go to her blog and register for the challenge yourself).

Now that the administrative piece is out of the way, today's challenge is to list 10 things for which you are grateful, plus three things for which you are grateful TODAY. Here goes...

  1. I am grateful for God's Word, which I try to read daily and upholds me on this crazy path called life.
  2. I am grateful for my job. After being out of work for four months, I can appreciate, even on the days I don't want to, what a blessing it is to be able to work and have a decent-paying gig to go to every day.
  3. I am grateful for my family, who I know stands behind, beside and in front of me no matter what.
  4. I am grateful for my friends. They have really stepped up to the plate recently and shown their generosity and support. I love them for that.
  5. I am grateful for my home. I have a roof over my head, a warm bed to sleep in and all the modern amenities. There are so many who don't even have the first in that list.
  6. I am grateful for my adorable dog. He is my companion and my comfort. I will never be alone when he is around.
  7. I am grateful for the opportunities hidden in challenges. While I may not see the endgame, I know God does, and He has a plan for me.
  8. I am grateful for the summer weather we have had in the Northeast this year. We have had some really hot days and a few rainy ones, but, overall, it has been a beautiful summer.
  9. I am grateful for my health. I have been perfectly healthy for the last four months, and it has been wonderful.
  10. I am grateful for upcoming trips: Walt Disney World in November, Los Angeles within the year and maybe Miami in the spring.
Bonus three, just for today:
  1. I am grateful that my day started the best way possible.
  2. I am grateful that I can run tonight -- that I am able, that the weather is perfect, that I have the luxury of time.
  3. I am grateful that I know, to the core of my being, that everything happens for a reason.
Coming up with 10 things seemed a bit daunting, but it is amazing to find that once you start practicing gratitude, it flows more and more freely.

What are you thankful for in your life, and in today specifically?

No comments: