Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Recap

Wow, I've been so caught up and relaxed in this weekend that I forgot today was Monday... and I forgot about blogging... and I nearly forgot it's Friend Makin Monday! 

This week's topic, hosted by Amber herself, is...

What are you doing for Labor Day?

So, tell me, did you have a good Labor Day weekend? What were the highlights?

I'll give you a little play-by-play, all of which I am extremely grateful for, by the way.

Friday
I worked from home Friday, and I was sorta looking forward to seeing a bit of Hurricane Earl, but all we got was a little bit of rain. Friends of ours came up with a great idea of having dessert for dinner and hosted S'MORESgasboard -- a night of s'mores for dinner. They went all it with a s'mores buffet complete with homemade marshmallows (yes, homemade, including mint-flavored marshmallows!), homemade chocolate and regular and chocolate graham crackers. It was delicious, and I think we are going to do it annually!

Saturday
Jed and I prepped our yard to plant grass then we went to my parents' house for a cookout... on their new deck!

Sunday
Jed and I spent most of the day planting grass and setting the sprinkler system. Last night, we met up with friends for dinner at Olive Garden and a movie. We saw Takers, which I thought was really good! It's a typical cop/bank robber drama, but I liked the different perspectives they used -- you got attached to both the cops and the robbers.

Monday
Jed and I went down to Warwick, RI, to check out a boat club! Today was a perfect day, weather-wise, and the marina was beautiful! Jed has wanted a boat for a while, but neither of us is crazy about the cost and upkeep and storage a boat requires. So, Jed found this boat club where, for a membership fee, you have unlimited use of 11 boats out of the Warwick marina and also boats out of 50 other locations around the U.S. during boating season. It's sorta like a country club... with boats. They have a gorgeous marina with BBQ-equipped gazebos, a pool and a bathhouse. Let me tell you, I'm really looking forward to boating in Narragansett Bay, down to Newport, around the Cape and up around Boston!

So, that was our weekend. It was pretty low-key, but it was nice... and we're about a month away from our cruise vacation! Wooooohoooo!


{Image via Freedom Boat Club}

3 comments:

Bec said...

Iowa is pretty land locked so we don't have fun boat clubs, but we do have some lakes a rivers nearby so we get to enjoy some time out on the water!

bec@iheart

Anonymous said...

Homemade marshmallows and chocolate?! That's awesome.

Jessica said...

Our weekend was pretty much the same! There was plenty of "low-key" entertainment, but that's always the best if you ask me. :)