Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, October 8, 2010

I'm not supposed to have favorites, but I do.

It's time for another Friday Fives, and this week forced me to do something I have avoided doing in all the time I've been blogging: go back and find my favorite posts. I dreaded this, and I'm not quite sure why because it wasn't that hard to do. I'm sure there are other posts that received more comments, or even additional posts I really love, but I chose these five as ones that really stood out in my mind. I think these five posts really show not only who I am, but what I wanted this blog to be.

Remember, if you play along, click the "5" to visit our lovely host, Beth.

of your favorite posts that you have written on your blog


This was my very first post on this blog, and it's an article I wrote for another publication that I loved so much I wanted to share it with the world. It was this article that inspired me to start a blog -- a place to showcase my writing and share my random thoughts.

Coincidentally, this was my second ever post, and I still think of this news story. Again, this post is a great example of the direction I wanted to go with this blog. I don't talk about current events nearly as much as the journalist in me would like. I'll try to do better with this, but now I spend so much time reading all of your amazing blogs, I don't read the news as much (shameful confession).

This post is so dear to my heart. I think of it -- and the events that inspired it -- often. I became vulnerable by posting this; I shared a piece of my heart and soul I haven't bared in a while. I wrote this for me, knowing that no one would truly understand the meaning behind it.


Blind-sided
Another very vulnerable post. I posted about the events in this post as they happened, but it wasn't until I wrote this post that I put my true feelings out there. I was honest. I wanted to capture the moment. I wanted to document this huge event in my life.


As we are
I could have chosen several other posts over this one, but they all kinda lead back to this. I have to remember the theme of this post every day. It's so important to me, yet it is also so difficult for me. I, we, have gotten better though. I don't often talk about my relationship in depth... ok, I don't ever talk about my relationship in depth on this blog, but I do like to share the valuable lessons I am learning along the way as well as the struggles I face.


I hope you enjoyed the trip down Nifer Musings memory lane!


Have an awesome weekend!

No comments: