Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, October 22, 2010

An itinerary for my town

Guess what, I am coming over to your house! What would we do, eat, go, see... tell me 5 things!! Oh yeah where do you live?


Well, let's start at the start; I live in northern Rhode Island in a suburb of Providence. It's a nice town, but I haven't discovered too much in the way of going on around here. So, if you came to visit, here's five things we'd most likely do... assuming you were from out-of-town.

1. We'd eat at Gregg's restaurant for lunch. Gregg's is a strictly Rhode Island restaurant, and they have the best cake. 

2. We'd go to the Roger Williams Zoo. I love the zoo, and this one is pretty cool. 

3. We'd wander around the East side of Providence, especially if the weather was nice. This is my favorite part of Providence -- gorgeous houses, tree-lined sidewalks, Thayer Street, Brown University, Rhode Island School of Design... so many little treasures.


4. We would take a drive down to Newport. This is the first place I think I ever went in RI, and I love it still. Beaches, clam shacks, bars, restaurants, marinas, Salve Regina University... and let's not forget the mansions!


5. We would shop at Providence Place... it's still my favorite mall in these parts.


Ok, so that's like three days worth of things to do, but oh well! 

No comments: