Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

#Trust30: Today by Liz Danzico

Your genuine action will explain itself, and will explain your other genuine actions. Your conformity explains nothing. The force of character is cumulative. – Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance
If ‘the voyage of the best ship is a zigzag line of a hundred tacks,’ then it is more genuine to be present today than to recount yesterdays. How would you describe today using only one sentence? Tell today’s sentence to one other person. Repeat each day.

Today was about communication, both the volume of it and the unfortunate lack of it: a myriad of emails, meetings about improving communication, missed opportunities to communicate well, overwhelmed by communication, hurtful communication and silent communication.


This post is a part of #Trust30an online initiative and 30-day writing challenge that encourages you to look within and trust yourself. Use this as an opportunity to reflect on your now, and to create direction for your future. Thirty prompts from inspiring thought-leaders will guide you on your writing journey. 

Sign up to receive the prompts by email.


I am really excited about this blog challenge, and I hope some of you will join me. Some of my best posts, in my opinion, have come out of initiatives like #Trust30, and I love the opportunity to write about something "different." This also comes at a very opportune time for me -- and it's a bit... freaky -- that today marks the start of my birthday month, my 30th birthday month. So 30 writing prompts to look inside myself for my 30th birthday. How appropriate.

No comments: