Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, June 3, 2011

#Trust30: My Post-It Question


Post-it Question by Jenny Blake


That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him. Where is the master who could have taught Shakespeare? Where is the master who could have instructed Franklin, or Washington, or Bacon, or Newton? . . . Shakespeare will never be made by the study of Shakespeare. Do that which is assigned you, and you cannot hope too much or dare too much. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Identify one of your biggest challenges at the moment (ie I don’t feel passionate about my work) and turn it into a question (ie How can I do work I’m passionate about?) Write it on a post-it and put it up on your bathroom mirror or the back of your front door. After 48-hours, journal what answers came up for you and be sure to evaluate them.

Bonus: tweet or blog a photo of your post-it.


Obviously I can't write this full post today, but I wanted to hold myself accountable by stating my challenge and question and posting my Post-It. :)

One of  my biggest challenges at the moment is money: a lack of, how to manage it, how to get more, how to pay for the things I need and want. It's pretty much a constant source of stress for me, despite making a monthly budget and working hard to pay off my debt. I want to save more because I know I really need to do that.

So, my question is...


I hope to post some answers at the end of the weekend. (As if I didn't have enough going on this weekend, now I have to think about this! LOL)

Slightly cheating here... but I'm taking suggestions! All you financial gurus out there, come forward! What should I do??? Any advice for me?


#Trust30 is an online initiative and 30-day writing challenge that encourages you to look within and trust yourself. Use this as an opportunity to reflect on your now, and to create direction for your future. 30 prompts from inspiring thought-leaders will guide you on your writing journey. 

Sign up to receive the prompts by email.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I love these prompts you are following and I like your answer for this one! Since I'm about to take on a bunch of loans for law school, finances are definitely on my mind.
Love your blog btw, I'm a happy follower now ;)

Abby said...

Actually for some reason it won't let me be a follower. I'll try again soon and THEN i'll be a happy follower ;)