Dreams by Michael Rad
1. To get married and live happily ever after.
2. To travel the world.
3. To be a professional dancer.
I tried to go with long-time, lingering dreams here. Now, on to part two -- the hard stuff.
1. Well, this is the fairy tale, isn't it? And I think that's the problem with it; it's so scripted, and so not completely dependent on oneself. Unfortunately, I am not completely in control over whether or not I get married. Sure, there are actions I can take to tip the scales in my favor, but it's just not up to me. Putting that aside, it is up to me. Frankly, I'm just not there yet. I'm not completely me. I am not the best me I can be for that perfect someone else. I'll get there.
2. Right now, money is holding me back. I'll admit I can be a bit of a spoiled brat, and backpacking isn't really my thing. I don't just want to travel the world, I want to travel the world in style. (Maybe I should have noted that little caveat above, huh?) I'm working on a saving plan, but #1 also kinda gets in the way of this grand scheme of traveling everywhere. Again, a bit dependent on someone else if #1 is going to be accomplished. There's so many logistics to work out. It will take time, but I hope someday I can say I've been there.
3. Ha, this one is almost laughable to me now, but it still tugs on a piece of my heart. Dance was my life for so long, and I aspired to that level with so much passion, but it just wasn't good enough. Ok, I don't think I believed it enough to completely go for it. Now, yeah, maybe I regret it just a little bit. At my age, in my condition, there's not much chance I'll reach that professional level. However, I'm a mean club dancer. I'm there!
Sweet dreams, y'all...
#Trust30 is an online initiative and 30-day writing challenge that encourages you to look within and trust yourself. Use this as an opportunity to reflect on your now, and to create direction for your future. 30 prompts from inspiring thought-leaders will guide you on your writing journey.
Sign up to receive the prompts by email.