Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Apres-ski

Oh, I just discovered Polyvore, friends, and good things are to come! I'm not a fashion girl by any means, and I'm not really into designers. My style buzzwords are practical, comfort, casual and preppy. Of course some occasions call for something a little more formal, for which the buzzwords are classic, elegant and sophisticated. I keep it simple. I keep it real.

That said, this is my first Polyvore set: what I wear post-skiing for dinner and a night out exploring the mountain towns. Like I said, keeping it real, I own all of these items with a few exceptions: my Columbia jacket is more retro than this one, but same color scheme; my Tiffany heart is sterling silver, although I love the red for Valentine's Day; my Fossil wristlet is without embellishment and my Fossil watch has a slightly different wristband. And, I think I'll be taking the blue plaid scarf instead of the pink.


5 comments:

Michelle Schraudner said...

I'm the same way! I'd totally rather be comfy and cute than super trendy.

Claremont First Ward said...

Oh.......it's a site to put together your look. Love it.

Melissa @ So These Are My Thirties said...

The jeans. The scarf. I loooove!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

You can totally pull that look off!

Classic Passion said...

Looks cool, especially like the boots