Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

If I could just sit with You awhile...


Giving thanks and feeling grateful is spiritual, by nature, but these posts may take on even more of a spiritual element over the next six weeks during my Lenten journey. I'm really trying to take advantage of this time built into the Church calendar to reflect on, learn about and deepen my faith. Hopefully you do not feel that I am isolating you because you are not particularly religious; that is not my intention. At the least, I hope these posts will inspire you to feel nothing but gratitude and love.

The post title is from a song that was sung at the end of the prayer discussions I am attending during Lent at my church. This lyric really touched my heart and spoke to me; it really made me want to spend some time every day in quiet reflection.

A lot of that reflection is appreciation.

I'm thankful for prayer, even though I'm not quite sure how to pray, even though it remains a mystery to me, I'm grateful for the opportunity to practice and explore it.

I'm thankful for my faith that keeps me strong when I doubt or fear.

I'm thankful for my dog, who reminds me what a simple, joyful life is.

I'm thankful for this space, where I can work out my thoughts, record pieces of my life and share with all of you! (Welcome to my new readers, I'm so glad you stopped by!)

Lastly, I'm thankful for all the new recipes I'm discovering. Cooking for me, is a form of prayer. It is quiet time to myself, an act of love, a learning experience. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, but c'est la vie!

What are you appreciating right now?

3 comments:

Classic Passion said...

I have forgotten how to be thankful until now.

I am thankful for my daughters homework keeping me on the straight and narrow today

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm thankful for my healthy bouncing baby boy! Thanks for making me remember that today!

Anna said...

i'm thankful for beautiful, inspiring friends like you! : )
p.s. i came across this video last week that i really related to...
http://everythinglovely.tumblr.com/post/386311266/via-heisjealousforme

idk, i loved it! : )
xo-