Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Change of plans!

I am in the market for a new bathing suit since the strap on my favorite bikini top broke, leaving me with just one suit -- a string bikini. 

Since I cruise fairly regularly, I just need to have at least two suits to bring with me so I always have a dry one. Plus, I like to have the string suit for a day at the beach or tanning by the pool, then something a little more sporty and conservative for active water sports such a snorkeling, kayaking or jet skiing. (Has anyone tried to jet ski in a string bikini? It does not work at all!) So, I need to replace the sporty bathing suit.

These lovely ladies, whom I love, are hosting an awesome giveaway to celebrate their move to Wordpress and brand new blog design. If you haven't seen it, you should click their button above to visit because it's gorgeous.
I had never heard of this site before the BBR girls introduced me to it. Oh my gosh! I'm not one for overly conservative bathing suits, but these are gorgeous! And, since I'm looking for something a little more "stable," their tankinis certainly fit the bill. I'm having a hard time choosing just one! But, I've narrowed it down to two that really fit my style, and I might kinda be in love with.

This is shown with brown polka-dot bikini bottoms, but I would go with solid brown since I don't like mixing such a bold print with another print. Bonus: my string bikini is turquoise with brown wood beading along the trim, so I could mix and match!

Kristin posted this suit as one of the ones she would pick, and I have to agree with her. I love Hawaiian prints, and I don't normally go for red, but these red polka-dot bikini bottoms compliment the top so well. This suit would be a splurge for me, since it obviously isn't interchangeable with the suit I already have.

The Bon Bon Rose girls are giving away a $95 gift certificate to Hapari, which would cover the cost of one of these gorgeous tankinis and matching bottoms. So, head on over to check it out!

4 comments:

Summer Athena said...

i hope you win!!!!!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love the Bon Bon girls!

Alicia said...

so cute! i love the hapari suits!! they're so fun!!

rachaelgking said...

Their suits are ridiculously cute. I might have to go for it even if I don't win... :-)