Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I am a walrus


Not really, but for some reason this post reminded me of that song. LOL! I've had this saved for a while, after first seeing it on Let Me Help You Help Me. I always love reading Morgan's blog, so go check her out. After you read my post, of course!


If I were a month, I’d be July.
If I were a day of the week, I’d be Saturday.
If I were a time of day, I’d be when the stars come out to play.
If I were a planet, I’d be Saturn.
If I were a sea animal, I'd be a dolphin.
If I were a direction, I’d be West.
If I were a piece of furniture, I’d be the plushest chair and a half.
If I were a liquid, I’d be iced tea.
If I were a gemstone, I’d be a sapphire.
If I were a tree, I’d be Palm tree.
If I were a tool, I’d be a drill.
If I were a flower, I’d be a Gerbera daisy.
If I were a kind of weather, I’d be snow.
If I were a musical instrument, I’d be an acoustic guitar.
If I were a color, I’d be light blue.
If I were an emotion, I’d be happy.
If I were a fruit, I’d be kiwi.
If I were an element, I’d be water.
If I were a car, I'd be a sports car.
If I were a food, I’d be Italian.
If I were a place, I’d be a tropical island.
If I were a material, I’d be seersucker.
If I were a scent, I’d be rose.
If I were an animal, I'd be a tiger.
If I were a facial expression, I’d be a wink.
If I were a song, I’d be "Over the Rainbow".
If I were a pair of shoes, I’d be flip-flops.

I am ashamed to admit I do not have a single picture from my birthday weekend! I'll give you the rundown, though. Friday night, Jed and I went to my parents' house for dinner. My dad made me lobster pie with potato salad and corn on the cob. Delicious. Mom got me a Coldstone chocolate ice cream cake, and then she got me a whole bunch of "tea stuff" for my gift: a kettle, a set of mugs, and cream and sugar bowls. So sweet. My sister gave me a bright, fun Vera Bradley tote bag.

Saturday, I slept in until my heart's content. Jed came home with the cutest dog card -- it looked like Morris -- and potted flowers and a tomato plant! He's also giving me my Cape Cod necklace that I'll be getting Friday (more about that later). His mom stopped by to drop off some candles and a Border's gift card for me! I love buying books! Then we headed to the beach for a couple hours with my sister and best friend. BFF's mom was nice enough to let us us her beach house to get ready in, and then we headed down to Newport, RI for dinner at The Red Parrot, followed by drinks on the marina. All in all, a good weekend! 

I don't think I need to tell you that Sunday was spent recovering!

How was your weekend?


{Image via vi.sualize.us}

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Potato salad and corn on the cob...mmm...can you tell I'm hungry? The only thing I've picked up on while reading blogs has to do with food. Oops!

Happy belated birthday!!! And, shame on you for no pictures!

Sierra said...

Kiwi, happy, and Somewhere Over the Rainbow sounds good to me, I love your list!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

July makes me happy too! Fireworks and the dude's bday!