Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Girl Needs a New... [Fill in the Blank]

Ok, or I just need to beef up the savings account. I have seen several bloggers I read do this as an alternative to Goodwill or consignment, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm putting some items from my spring/summer wardrobe on an end-of-season sale to celebrate the first day of fall. Below is the first group of many since I'm still cleaning out the closet.

The details:

  • PayPal only, prices include standard shipping within the US
  • If you're buying multiple items, I can do a discount
  • Sales are final
  • If interested, send an email to jhoward03 {at} gmail {dot} com
  • Unless otherwise noted, condition is worn but well-cared for (no rips, worn spots, stains, etc.)
$12
Gap short-sleeve cotton/lycra sweater in raspberry color, size small. This top was perfect to wear to work in warmer weather, but it also looks great with jeans. Also available in pink and blue (color and fabric samples below).

$12
Puma heavyweight cotton pique golf shirt in lime green, size large (these ran small, I'm a 35-36" bust). If you golf, this shirt is perfect; if you don't, it's a nice bright polo to pair with shorts or jeans in the summer. This is a high-quality shirt that I only wore a couple of times; it's like new. I also have it in pink and turquoise -- color samples below.

$15
Gap three-quarter sleeve cotton/lycra cable-knit sweater in pink, size small. Just like the cotton sweaters above, this was a spring work staple for me. It's a little Lily Pulitzer, but if that's your style, you're gonna love it!

$16
Express short-sleeve white cashmere/cotton wrap sweater, size small. You'll need a camisole to wear under this sweater, but it is such a pretty piece to add to your work/dressy wardrobe. Looks so polished with a pencil skirt and pumps. Lightly worn.

$12
Express printed sheer three-quarter sleeve v-neck shirt, size small. Again, you'll need a cami under this, but I loved this top -- even though I only wore it a few times. It's appropriate for work, a date or a night out with the girls. The print is light blue and green (zoomed-in picture below).

$8
New York & Company nylon/spandex camisole in ivory, size medium. Great laying piece for the top above. The satin finish dresses it up more than your typical cotton cami. The straps are adjustable, and it has a shelf bra. Also available in black. Both camis were only worn a few times; they are like new.


$14
American Eagle khaki cotton shorts, size 8. These shorts have a three-inch inseam and low-rise; they sit on the hip. Button fly, belt loops, front slash pockets and back slot pockets, weathered edges and finish, and stretch fabric. These shorts are like new.


$14
Old Navy slate blue cotton shorts, size 8. These shorts have similar styling to the AE shorts above with a higher rise and a less worn finish. There is a hook and slot closure with zipper fly. (Sorry they are so wrinkled! They were in my dresser at the bottom of a pile.)


$14
Old Navy khaki cotton twill shorts, size 8. These shorts have a five-inch inseam with front slot pockets and back utility pockets. Button closure and zipper fly, low rise, like new condition.

$14
SU... GSJC denim skirt, size 9 junior. Skirt has classic denim jean styling with worn finish on front and back, medium denim color. I am 5'5" and it hit my mid thigh. 


$16
J.Crew cotton twill cargo skirt, size 6. I wore this skirt maybe twice, so it is like new, despite being wrinkled. There is a cargo pocket on one side, flap pockets with button closures on the back and slash pockets in the front. It hit my lower thigh.

I hope to get another one of these posts up this week, and I will update this post as items are sold.

No comments: