Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, September 2, 2011

Labor Day Blanks

Image credit: Lauren
1. One thing that is completely superfluous, but that I could never give up is my dance gear. It took a decade for me to relinquish all of my costumes, let alone my practice gear and bag full of shoes that I hang on to.

2. Forced conversation makes me feel awkward.

3. I can't start my day without, coffee.

4. Fruit is my favorite snack.

5. Lately I've been really focused on runnhing and being my best self.

6. If at first you don't succeed try again, if it's worth it to you.

7. Fall is coming too quickly this year! I'm not ready to leave summer yet.


Fill in your favorite blank in the comments, then tell me what you're planning for Labor Day weekend! Or, visit the little things we do and fill in the blanks on your blog.

My plans are rain-dependent this week, as there is a chance of rain all weekend, with increasing liklihood as the weekend progresses. Saturday, we're planning a little boating followed by a cookout at my parents' house (as if I haven't spent enough time there this week already!). Jed's cousin is getting married on Sunday, so we'll be celebrating with them, and I'm looking forward to a lovely wedding. On labor-free day, we'll be back on out the boat if the rain holds out, otherwise, I'm sure we'll be chilling -- maybe catch a movie.

1 comment:

Jessica @ My Simply Complicated said...

Coffee...I bet many people feel the same!

I can't start my day without Coke Zero. Although, today I didn't start it that way and I've been suffering with a caffeine headache sense. Bad idea!