Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, November 13, 2009

Days 12 & 13: L & M

Happy Friday the 13th fellow bloggers! I hope you are all having a good day and not feeling the curse. These are always good days for me, and today is no exception.

I missed out on yesterday's Thanksgiving post, so I'm doing two-in-one today!


Click the image to visit Lindsey's grateful posts!

As for me I'd like to thank my lucky stars that
I'm alive and well... ("I'm Alive" by Kenny Chesney, featuring Dave Matthews)


I am so thankful for life; like health, I often forget what a precious gift it is. As the song above states, it's not always easy, it's not always pretty, it's not always fun, but that doesn't mean it is not something to be treasured and thankful for.

So when life gets hard, do as Kenny does, and just be grateful that you're alive... and well.


And, for today, I am thankful for Morris!

My little Lhasa Apso puppy is hiding from you in a blanket on the couch. Hehehe... it's not really a puppy anymore, but I still call him one.

I was NEVER a dog person; I didn't grow up with one because my mother is deathly allergic. My friends had dogs, but I always felt they were dirty, and secretly, I was slightly afraid of them. That is, until this little guy came along. Funny how he MADE me a dog person; I am SUCH a dog person now. I stop every dog I walk by to say hi and pet him. I get excited when I see dogs as I'm driving along. I ignore the dirt, and Morris goes on the couch, sleeps in my bed, and licks my face. I love doggy kisses.

So, I guess while I'm so grateful for Morris coming into my life, I'm also so thankful that he opened up my world to dogs in general. I still don't like shedding, and I still don't appreciate drooling, but I do love dogs.

No comments: