Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Monday, November 23, 2009

FMM: Thanksgiving!

This week, it's all about Thanksgiving! Yum!


1. Turkey or Ham? Always turkey. It just wouldn't be Thanksgiving if we did anything else.

2. Favorite side dish? Hands down my mother's candied sweet potatoes.

3. Favorite dessert? Pecan pie!

4. Black Friday: Are you going or not? I spent six years working before the sun rose on Black Friday, I avoid stores like H1N1 the day after Thanksgiving!

5. If so, what's on the top of your list? Well if we do venture out, Jed and I are getting a new big-screen TV and surround-sound system with Blu-Ray (it's our Christmas present to each other).

6. Going out of town or staying close to home? Pretty close to home: going to Mom and Dad's.

7. Hosting or helping? Helping. Took Wednesday off from work to go help Mom.

8. Name one family tradition at Thanksgiving. Dinner at Mom's house. Almost swapped it for Christmas dinner this year, but I wouldn't let her!

9. What do you do after dinner? Watch football and nap by the fire before dessert.

10. What are you most thankful for this year? My new home, my new job and my dad's health.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I LOVE candied yams Yummy! =D Football & Naps are awesome too =D

Happy FMM!