Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, November 19, 2009

A giant THANK YOU to Nordstrom!

No, Nordi's didn't cross of my Christmas list for free.

No, I didn't find my dream {insert clothing/accessory item here} at Nordstrom.

Nah, they didn't hire me (although I'm sure they would if I wished to work there).

My parents, who are not really into designers or trends but value quality and good service, have always told me how great Nordstrom is. Not Macy's, not Sears, not Filene's, not even Lord & Taylor.

My dad, when an airline lost his luggage on a business trip once, went to Nordstrom and bought an entire new wardrobe for his trip. Everything from that one store. My mother applied to work there (she works at the Gap), and was so close to accepting their generous offer to be a manager.

Well, I now see why my parents respect Nordstrom because I now respect them too.



FINALLY! A retailer that GETS it! You won't see a wreath or tree, or hear holiday tunes in a Nordstrom store the day after Halloween. Whew. For this, just for this (are you listening every other store in the mall?), I am now considering doing ALL of my Christmas shopping at Nordstrom. {This is going to be a pricey holiday...}


P.S. Do you like the shameless promotion of Nordstrom in this post? I think they've earned it.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That's awesome! I hate seeing xmas decorations in Oct. As I type this I'm watching the xmas episode of Grey's Anatomy...the week before Thanksgiving. Sigh.

Ally Wasmund said...

ha! i love it!!! more store need to be ballsy like that. :)