Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, February 5, 2010

Roses and Thorns

Happy Friday! I've been working on this post all week, so it would be scheduled and ready to go today. Right now, I am in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, skiing at Bretton Woods.
I love this place, and I'm so grateful I can come back every year.
So, as you can guess, my first rose goes to...


Roses to a long weekend in the mountains skiing!

Roses to Boston University rocking the Beanpot again this year! I love that NU can never manage to pull through, no matter how good of a season they're having.

Roses to my Northeastern fan friend selling me his Beanpot final tickets for Monday since he doesn't want to skip out of work early to catch NU in the consolation game. Bah, NU vs. Harvard... BORING!

Roses to going to above-mentioned final hockey game against BOSTON COLLEGE (woot, woot!) with my college drinking buddy I haven't seen in YEARS!

Roses to finally working on a budget this month.

Roses to four-day workweeks this week, next week and the week after!



Thorns to the BC ice Eagles... I can't stand them! It'll be my first BU vs. BC game, and they better not win!

Thorns to my house being freezing this week. What's up heat?

Thorns to Jed going away Sunday and me not seeing him before he leaves. :*(

Thorns to missing the last five minutes of the Beanpot game against NU because my DVR didn't record it.

Thorns to my dog "forgetting" where to go to the bathroom and using the entire house instead.
(If anyone can help with this issue, please comment, and I'll e-mail you. He's not a puppy, he's one and a half.)

Thorns to spending a lot of money in January. :-(



If you couldn't tell, I'm quite rallied up about this Beanpot tournament. I look forward to it every year because my alma mater pretty much owns it; so much so that even the news media refers to it as the "BU Invitational." It's kinda like the football bowls for all you schools in the Midwest. If you don't know what all this nonsense is about, you can read about it here.


{R&T images and idea from K.Law: Inspired}

1 comment:

Sierra said...

I too am going on a budget, it's hard but we can do it!! Have a blast in the mountains, sounds like so much fun!