Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, June 4, 2010

Take me away!


1. My dream vacation would be finally going to Hawaii. I think I'd like to take three or four weeks and just visit every island for at least a day.

2. The best trip I've ever taken was a 12-night Southern Caribbean cruise on Celebrity Cruise Line with Jed.We visited eight islands: Aruba, Barbados, Curacao, Grenada, Dominica, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and Tortola. It was heaven on Earth, I tell you. I enjoyed each island. The ship was great, the food was amazing. We met the best people we've ever traveled with, and we were actually able to relax while soaking in each port. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

3. The most important items to take on a road trip are good music, snacks, water and a AAA card for car trouble and discounts.

4. The next trip I'm looking forward to is the only one I have planned right now: our seven-night Western Caribbean cruise on Carnival this fall. Jed and I are going with my BFF and her husband, and another couple we're both really good friends with.

5. If I had to pick one CD to listen to for a long road trip it would be the mix CD I made for my last road trip to New Jersey.

6. The biggest disaster I've ever encountered while traveling was literally a disaster. A plane crashed in the Port of Miami about an hour before our cruise ship was set to depart for my very first cruise. We were stuck in the port until they could investigate and get the wreckage cleared -- about 24 hours. To make matters worse, we couldn't really unboard the ship because the crew was on standby for the moment we were cleared to sail, and they didn't want to jeopardize that window by having missing passagers ashore.

7. My favorite traveling memory is sitting on the back deck of a cruise ship with Jed and our new cruise friends we met onboard, overlooking Tortola during sunset, drinking beer and eating sushi, talking about our trip and our lives, thinking life couldn't get better than this.


What an appropriate post for this Friday to get us in the weekend mood! If you guys head over to the little things we do to play along, please comment and let me know so I can come read your responses! Happy weekend!

6 comments:

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

A book and stash of magazines are a must have on road trips for me too! Granted only when the hubs is driving!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

A 12 night cruise? You ARE a serious cruiser!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Love this! and I agree with the things for a road trip haha

CIP said...

Love cruises!

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in from LAdy Bloggers to say hi!

Sierra said...

Aww your memory is so sweet and soon you will be able to create new ones on your cruise! Yipee!