Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Monday, July 12, 2010

What makes a perfect summer weekend?

Hello lovelies! How are you? Did you have a lovely summer weekend? Do tell me the favorite thing you did or the highlight.

My highlight was my impromptu shopping trip with my mother. She was in my neck of the woods Saturday morning to get her hair cut, so she stopped by my house, and we headed to the Wrentham Outlets

My mission was to go to Cost Cutters for my leave-in conditioner spray, but I also checked out the new Vera Bradley outlet and got a new bag (everything is about half price of any other Vera retailer, and it is huge!), picked out some new sunglasses at the Fossil outlet, and found a cute top and linen pants at the Gap Outlet (remember Mom gets a discount!). All-in-all, a productive trip! And, I spend less than $100! 

Vera Little Betsy in Bali Blue, $29 at outlet

We just beat the pouring rain and came back to my house for PB&J sandwiches.

The rest of my weekend in a nutshell:

  • Jed made me dinner Friday night because I didn't feel like cooking.
  • Saturday night keg party.
  • Lazy Sunday afternoon.
  • Sunday evening cookout with friends, complete with s'mores.
To me, that was pretty much the perfect summer weekend. The only thing that could have made it better was a lazy Sunday afternoon on the beach.


{Images via we heart it and kaboodle respectively}

2 comments:

Micaela said...

sounds like a lovely summer weekend to me, no beach needed ;)

lazy sundays are my fave and any time spent with Mom but esp. shopping! cheers to your finds! :)

Bambi said...

I love impromptu shopping trips!
Sounds like a pretty good weekend!