Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, November 6, 2009

Day of Gratitude 6: F

Click icon to check in with Lindsey!

This is getting to be kinda fun, coming up with what I'm grateful for with each day's letter! Plus, it keeps me posting daily, which is important to me. I hope you are all enjoying the series so far.



Well, if you couldn't guess, today I'm grateful for FRIDAY! Party like a rock star because it's my second favorite day of the week!


I love Fridays because everyone (usually) is in such a good mood on Friday. It's the end of the work week, people are wrapping things up and dreaming of a good weekend, most companies let you wear jeans to work on Friday (and who isn't happier in jeans?), and you usually have a fabulous night planned for yourself to celebrate another week over.


I especially love Friday the 13th, because these always seem to be extra special Fridays for me. They are supposed to be cursed, but good things always happen to me (ok, I just cursed myself!). Next Friday is the 13th, and I'm stoked about it. I already have semi-plans to grab drinks after work with a coworker I haven't been out with in FOREVER!

What else do I normally do on Fridays you might ask? Well, that's a good question!


Fridays are usually my day to get down with Mr. Clean. We vacuum the house, we mop the floors, we scrub the bathroom 'til it sparkles, and we might even do some laundry.


After the cleaning is done, I love going out for dinner and/or drinks on Friday nights -- either with the boy as a date night, or with some friends or another couple.


A lot of times, Jed and I hit up the movie theater on Friday nights. Both of us love going to the movies, and this is usually opening night.

You might also notice the movie above is The Sex and the City Movie, which is another one of my fun Friday night activities: SATC nights with my girls. We all go over to my BFF's house (since she has every season on DVD), we mix cocktails for ourselves, and we watch the adventures of Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte -- with plenty of "pause" moments to discuss the plot, their wardrobe choices, or a personal situation we were reminded of by something that happened on the show.

And, if all else fails, you can find me and Jed in our basement movie theater on Friday nights watching my latest Netflix release.

Go ahead and count this as my things to do this weekend post, since I'm not sure if I'm going to get to it with all that I do on Fridays!

What do you do on Fridays once you punch out for the week?

No comments: