Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy 101: Good friends, good reading, good times, good thoughts

Debbie at Debbie: The College Years gave me this wonderful award, which I've already added to my sidebar. :-)

Thank you, Debbie! She kindly described my blog as "interesting and eclectic." I love it!

The rules of this award are to list 10 blogs and 10 things that make you happy. 


Since Nifer Musings is interesting and eclectic, I thought I would pass this award on to other blogs that I find share the same qualities:


1. Vivian at Lost in Translation 
I love reading about V's adventures in Japan!






K. Law: Inspired
2. Kristen at K.Law: Inspired 
She would be my BFF if we lived in the same state.


3. Nicole at More is Better
If you haven't read this blog, you don't know the comedy you're missing!


4. Matt at Life Without Pants
He gets my vote for most creative blog title, hands down!


5. Ashley at Writing to Reach You
Discovered Ashley through 20SB, and she is an amazing, thoughtful writer.


I found Sara's blog just in time to read about her incredible honeymoon in Belize, and she stole my heart with tales of Caribbean adventure.


7. Sarah at Yes and Yes
This blog never fails to inspire me to be a better person and live a better life.


8. Anna at Reminders of Love
Anna has such a kind soul, and I look forward to every post on her blog.


9. Micaela at Dolce Vita
I don't know if I have ever known a kinder, more empathic person.





10. Amber at .{aefilkins}.
Amber has some great blog series, like Friend-Making Monday, and she inspired me to start Shredding!




10 THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY
{off the top of my head}



1. Long walks on the beach (seriously!)



2. Skiing



3. My dog, Morris (when he's being a good boy)


4. Roller coasters



5. Jack Bauer on 24


6. Summer BBQ's


7. Singing at church



8. Dancing



9. Cruising, especially in the Caribbean


10. Spooning




{All images, except of Morris, via weheartit.}

8 comments:

Anna said...

thanks so much darling!
happy tuesday!!
xo-
p.s. i will blog about the walmart incident asap! ;D

Sarah Von Bargen said...

Awww, Jen! Thanks so much, I'm so flattered! :)

Vivian said...

Aw Jen, thank you so much!!! You are so lovely!!! And I enjoy your blog so much. Thanks for making my day :)

xox

Sierra said...

Congrats on the awards hon and you know how much I love the beach!! Hope you are doing well.

Ashley said...

Thanks Jen. That's sweet!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the award and thank you so much for sharing the love with me! I too love cruising and snuggles. ideally both together. That would be pretty rad.

Sara McCarty said...

Thank you SO much! Congrats on the award! And I'll repost on mine. Summmer BBQs and spooning! Couldn't have said it better!

Micaela said...

love the happiness on this list!!! i can't wait to do mine :) and seriously, thank YOU for all your kind words.

i am SO GLAD we're friends.

i have never been on a cruise... Darling Fiance has and so maybe just maybe we'll go on one for our honeymoon :) i'm hoping! if not Paris, a lovely cruise please! lol