Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, January 15, 2010

Roses and Thorns

It's that time again, and I'm really excited to be able to participate in this series. Again, Roses and Thorns is the brainchild of Kristen at K.Law: Inspired -- as are the images. So, hit up her blog, peeps!




Roses for a three-day weekend!

Roses for the first weekend in a month without plans!

Roses for Saturday Date Night and going to see Avatar in IMAX 3D.

Roses to getting out this week and walking the dog.

Roses for a respite from the freezing cold with some balmy 40-something-degree weather!

Roses for a dinner full of laughs with best friends last night.

Roses to Taco Ring for dinner tonight!





Thorns for heaviness in everyone's hearts for the disaster in Haiti.

Thorns for the audio cutting in and out with my surround-sound system. And Jed not being around to fix it!

Thorns for Jed leaving for work by 8:30 A.M. and getting home at 11:30 P.M. only to work for another hour.

Thorns for melting snow.

Thorns for crappy skiing conditions on any mountains nearby.



Hope everyone has a great (long?) weekend! Let me know what you have planned.

3 comments:

Michelle Schraudner said...

I really want to see Avatar this weekend! I'm going to talk my bf into doing that tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Happy weekend! Glad its "warming" up for you!

Summer said...

Ahhhh, Avatar was soo incredible. Enjoy.

And yes, the Haiti earthquake....I have avoided the news all week, and just finally forced myself to watch CNN....now I'm in tears....

Ugh, so sad.