Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thankful Tuesday

True to my word, I'm back to post about three things that I'm grateful for or make me smile.




I'm relieved that I think I have found skis I want. I tried these out Sunday skiing at Sunday River, and I really got comfortable on them. The one hesitation is I was using 150cm length skis, which I felt were a little long. I'd like to try them in the 145 length -- even though I'm supposed to be skiing 150's.




I smiled this morning when the clouds parted just enough to let the sun shine through. I feel like I haven't seen the sun in weeks, even though I was skiing in the sunshine Saturday. I felt majorly drained, but the sun is lifting me up, both physically and emotionally.



I'm grateful to Cher at Love, Actually for this cookbook, that is in the mail on its way to me. That's right, this lucky girl won another giveaway! Cher's blog is such a lifesaver if you've hit a rut in your romantic relationship -- or even if you haven't and are looking for new ideas. She has such great ideas and tips, all easy and economical! Plus, she's calling Boston her home these days, and I love a Boston girl! I can't wait to start experimenting with these recipes, especially since I've been cooking for one lately.
Thanks Cher!

2 comments:

Midtown Girl said...

Congrats on the win, doll!! Looking forward to some food pics ;-)

Anna said...

Sunshine & Yummy food?! two of my very favorites! ; )
xo-