Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, January 22, 2010

Roses and Thorns

Happy Friday! TGIF! Seriously.
Quick lil post here, but I wanted to wish everyone a great weekend.
What are you up to? I love hearing your plans.
I'm sleeping over my parents' house tonight,
so me and lil sis can rise and shine in the AM to pick up my aunt
and drive up to Sunday River in Maine.
We're staying over Saturday night for two fun-filled days of skiing!

Now, on to the main event...



Roses to a little weekend trip in Maine for Sunday River skiing!

Roses for Friday! This four-day work-week has been the longest ever!

Roses to having the cutest dog ever; he's made me smile so much this week.

Roses for finally buying my own ski boots.

Roses to having a "financial plan."

Roses to just finding out that I MIGHT get a raise this year and actually be making what I'm supposed to (I'm at least $10k short of the quoted salary range for my position).





Thorns to feeling like I'm really going to miss Jed this weekend.

Thorns to Google Reader overwhelming me with new blogs this week!

Thorns to work's excuses.

Thorns to the dog using my door mat as a pee-pee pad.

Thorns for not taking Monday off to recover from this weekend's trip.

Thorns to laundry on a Friday afternoon.


{Images from K.Law: Inspired}

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Roses to your R&T! Hope you have a good week!