Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, August 7, 2009

5 Movies to Check Out This Weekend


Happy Friday!! Now, I realize it is summer, and most of us want to be outdoors, but escape the heat for a few hours of AC and check out these movies (either in theaters or on DVD). It's been FOREVER (it feels like) since I've watched a movie, so I'm jonsing.


This film is currently in mainstream theaters, and I fell in love from the first preview. It is still on my "to see" list, and it has been recommended by multiple friends (both male and female). So yes, ladies, this is a boyfriend-proof chick flick!

Check out The Soloist on DVD, the story of the friendship between an LA Times columnist and a homeless Julliard-trained musician. I wanted to see this in theaters but missed the chance. I love movies based on real life, since they add that endearing quality that fiction just can't grasp. This is definitely on my Netflix list!

OMG! I LOVED this movie, still out in theaters. I Love You, Man was a movie I dragged my boyfriend to promising him it was not some gay freakshow. He laughed, multiple times, while I laughed and cried. This is a great date movie!



Funny People, Adam Sandler's new flick, is also on my "to see" list, mostly because I heart Adam Sandler. This looks like a Bucket List-type flick, where a guy finds out he is dying, meets his new best friend and finally learns how to live life. But it's Adam Sandler, so how can you pass it up???





photo source

Paper Heart, Juno's Michael Cera's own film, is out in limited release. Of course it's limited, because it looks like one of those feel-good, honestly produced, documentary films. In this film, I read, Michael Cera films Charlyne Yi interviewing people on the meaning of love, while she discovers her own meaning in the process. I love the idea that you find yourself only once you open up to other people and hear their perspective. Wonderful.

Don't forget the popcorn!

1 comment:

Michelle Schraudner said...

I reeeeeally want to see The Ugly Truth. I just might drag my boyfriend to see it tonight.