Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tavolo per Uno

Jo started the phenomenon of this book in her blog, A Cup of Jo, yesterday. Now everyone is blogging about this book, including me!

This will definitely be added to my reading list, as I frequently set the table for one at my house. Jed travels quite a bit for work or puts in late hours at the office, so I'm hoping this will give me some inspiration for dinner when it's just me and Morris (and his menu is already taken care of).

As a sidenote, the Italian title translates to "table for one," and I chose it because my most favorite cuisine to cook (when I'm alone or otherwise) is Italian or Italian-inspired.

Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO) is my best friend in the kitchen. I try to use it daily. Last night, for instance, I incorporated it by pouring a bit over pasta before adding sauce and drizzling it over summer squash before baking it with pepper, thyme and garlic salt. YUM!!! The squash was especially delicious, and I can't believe the results when I simply made it up! Maybe I'm starting to get the hang of this cooking thing...

... still afraid to cook steak though.

If you have some great ideas or recipes for eating alone (that can be increased when feeding two or more), please comment! I love kitchen experiments!

No comments: