Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Sunday, September 20, 2009

"... incomplete"


The announcer describes Brady's last pass of the Pats at Jets game. Ugh... and that's exactly what the Patriots' offense was today. I am so frustrated; nothing was right. Brady's timing was off, his arcs sailed aimlessly, the receivers couldn't get open or make plays, and the offense line was pitiful! I hate the turnover and injuries on the offense, but at least my #12 is back, albeit without some of his greatest weapons.

To their credit, the Jets' offense brought it. The pass rush was impeccable, and they were aggressive. Even the Jets' rook QB lit up in the second half. It will be interesting to see what they bring to Foxboro in November.

Welcome to football season with Nifer, folks. It's an emotional roller coaster on which I go from being totally amped up (as after last week's amazing comeback victory) to suffering the Monday blues (and not just because I have to go back to work); this will be the case tomorrow.

I'm the type of hometown fan who will trash talk, chant "Yankees Suck" until I lose my voice, and sacrifice my first-born for the sake of my team. What can I say? I'm from Boston. When it comes to sports, we are about as hard core as it gets.

Speaking of Boston...

I thoroughly enjoyed the new, limited-edition Absolut Boston with ginger ale last night. Simply delightful. It might be my new, limited-edition signature drink. Clean, fresh, simple. Try it out and let me know what you think.

P.S. A warm welcome to my newest follower, Samantha Ellis of The Nobody. This lovely lady just started blogging folks, so go check her out!

{click images for source}

No comments: