Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, August 13, 2009

I couldn't resist! (Thx Lovely Happenings!)

Megan, on her blog Lovely Happenings (which is fantastic - you should check it out), asked who my top four attractive guys are right now. Well, I couldn't think of "right now" right now, so I went with my "always and forever" men. These are four wonderful men I have found attractive inside and out for years (some for over a decade!). Not only are they are all handsome gentlemen, but I greatly admire their accomplishments and contributions to this world.

Tom Brady
By Ivvicc on Photobucket

While Mr. Brady has been getting quite a bit of negative press lately on his personal life, I cut him some slack because of the gracious way he handles his personal affairs publicly. I still believe that, deep down, he is a good Irish Catholic mama's boy (look at those eyes and smile!). I wanted to marry this boy, and my heart broke when he hooked up with Bridget, but now I'm just happy for him. He is so successful and seems so happy. Of course, I still love him in my dear Patriots' uniform! He is a true leader and teammate.


Rob Thomas
I have hearted Rob Thomas since the day, 12 years ago, I heard Push and saw the video. (I know this picture isn't the greatest quality, but I wanted to capture that visual moment when my heart just stopped while watching the video. In my mind, no man has ever pulled off a black leather jacket like that or ever will.) Through my tumultous teenage years, Rob's music comforted me, supported me and gave me a shoulder to cry on. His lyrics spoke to me profoundly, and I'll never miss a Matchbox 20 concert when they are playing in town. I own every CD, and know the words to almost every song. Rob Thomas, you are beautiful and I love you.


Will Smith
Again, here is an amazing man, inside and out. Remember the Fresh Prince? One of the few rappers who insisted upon writing beats his son could listen to. And, now, his movie career is outstanding. I'm sorry, but I could watch Bad Boys 1 and 2 over and over. I do the Men in Black dance in my car whenever I hear it. And I cried watching The Pursuit of Happyness and Seven Pounds. He is such a kind spirit with a beautiful family.


Jed
Last, but certainly not least (he was actually the first man I thought of when drafting this post), is my boyfriend. Another oldie but goodie, I fell in love with him almost 11 years ago when we were the best of friends. We have been through good times, bad times, confusing times, fun times and sad times. He knows me better than almost anyone, and he stands by my side to support me. He is still my best friend, and I love him every second of every day.

P.S. Doesn't he look so suave in his white jacket?


Who are your top four most attractive men (or women)?

1 comment:

Megan @ Lovely Happenings said...

That was fun. Oh, Tom Brady. Good choice. How adorable your boyfriend is on the list.