Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Whew! She's alive!


Hello friends! Wow, it feels like it's been forever, and I've missed my channel to the world. As most of you know, I had a glorious four-day weekend planned. But, things never go as I plan them. I already posted Thursday's happenings, so allow me to fill you in on the rest...

Friday was supposed to be my one beach day this summer. Well, it was about 65 and rainy here on Friday, and Jed was horribly sick, confined to the bed and couch. So, I decided I deserved a lazy day (dual purpose of allowing my body to rest so it could fight off all the germs floating around the house). That night, plans went off as intended, and the girls and I hit up our favorite martini bar in PVD for a night of drinking, music and dancing. Almost as planned... our favorite martini bar is revamping and no longer have a menu of their 20+ unique martinis! How am I supposed to remember my "favorite"???? So, I had the one martini I could remember from the menu then switched to beer (which is much easier to drink in spastic motion anyway). Sorry, there is no photographic evidence of the debauchery!

I didn't get into be warm bed until 3am, so I slept most of Saturday away. It was also a chilly, rainy day, so a lot of it was spent in front of the TV. Jed and I ventured out to Target and Home Depot to pick up some stuff for the house (oh yes, because the toilet was clogged and we didn't have a plunger yet!). Then we ordered pizza and watched a movie (the extremely 80s The Vanishing featuring our man, Keifer Sutherland). It was kinda creepy.

Now it's Sunday... the last day of my weekend. *sadness* I am finally caught up reading all your lovely blogs (it was tough work friends), and now I'm back to posting my own. I am going to complete this survey found on Always a bridesmaid... Finally a bride about me and the boyfriend. Then I am going to get myself freshened and pretty (in a fallish outfit since I can totally feel it in the air), and I think I will take puppy Morris for a nice long walk.

Enjoy your Sunday!!!

-What are your middle names?
Ann & Eric

-How long have you been together?
Oh, that is such a trick question! We dated in high school, 10 years ago, for about 6 months until we went off to college and broke up. We did the on-and-off after college for two years, then we became official again a year and a half ago.

-How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Hmm... I knew of him, but we were good friends for about 6 months before.

-Who asked whom out?
He asked me out, then I broke up with him. Then I asked him out, and he broke up with me. Then I continually asked him out for the next eight years, until I gave up. Then he asked me out, and all I could say to myself was "FINALLY!" = )

-How old are each of you?
We're both 28, two months apart.

-Whose siblings do/did you see the most?
Well, considering he is an only child, we see my sister the most.

-Do you have any children together?
No, not unless you include our lhasa apso, Morris.

-What about pets?
See above, we have a year old lhasa.

-Did you go to the same school?
We went to the same high school, then I went to Boston University and he went to Assumption College.

-Who is the smartest?
I am book smart, but he's a CPA and way handier around everything than I am.

-Who is more sensitive?
Me

-Where do you eat out most as a couple?
His old roommates used to tease us because we went to either Olive Garden or Gregg's (a local RI chain) at least once a week! But, we do like to try higher-end restaurants and try new things.

-Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Probably Aruba on a cruise.

-Who has the craziest exes?
I don't think either are really crazy...

-Who has the worst temper?
Me

-Who does the cooking?
Mostly me, but when he cooks, it's delicious.

-Who is more social?
He is. I have my tight circle of friends, and while I like to meet new people, I'm not the greatest conversationalist. He's the one who will strike up a 20-minute conversation with our cab driver in San Francisco or our waiter on the pool deck.

-Who is the neat-freak?
Me all the way. I freak out at dirt.

-Who is more stubborn?
Easily me.

-Who wakes up earlier?
Me, I've been getting up at sunrise (literally) for work, and I'll USUALLY get up earlier on weekends.

-Where was your first date?
The movie theater (we were 17!).

-Who has the bigger family?
Me, mom has 6 brothers and sisters, and dad has 3.

-Do you get flowers often?
No, it's been a tradition on Valentine's Day though. He sends flowers to my office, which I love. I also got potted flowers for my birthday this year. Which I promptly dehydrated, but they are coming back!


-How do you spend the holidays?
It is challenging because our families each have their own long-standing traditions. Last year, we split New Year's Day. I think this year, now that we're living together, we'll try to combine more holidays.

-Who is more jealous?
Me... I just can't help it!

-How long did it take to get serious?
We were real serious in high school, talking the l-word after just a week. And after 10 years, it didn't take long when we got back together either.

-Who eats more?
Um, it depends... I think it evens out.

-Who does/did the laundry?
Moi! I won't let him near my delicates!

-Who’s better with the computer?
He is. He can build them, fix them, set them up, trouble-shoot them. He originally wanted to go into computer science.

-Who drives when you are together?
Usually him, but I've been driving lately because his car is in the shop. He doesn't like my driving, and I don't like him as a passenger (he pushes every button on my dash he can reach)!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love reading these things!!!

The desk... walmart.com. With delivery it was about $114. Its a BITCH to put together, but it looks pretty nice after about hour 4 :) Good luck!~