Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'm falling apart, barely breathing...

By abcBrandy via

I took today off from work to rest and relax -- waking up at 5am everyday gets exhausting. And when I'm exhausted, life gets all out of sorts and I suffocate under the weight of my to-do list. So, the plan for the day included sleeping in, unpacking some boxes, taking the dog for a long walk in the park, and sitting out in the yard reading a good book.

As we all know, however, plans never unfold as desired. Sometimes it's for the better.

I slept in, woken by Jed coming into the room telling me it was time for breakfast. When I rolled over, I saw he was carrying a tray table with a tomato & cheese omelette (my fav), sausage patty, fresh blueberries and a cup of coffee. *gasp* *smile* What a surprise! It felt so nice to be appreciated and loved like that. I've never been served breakfast in bed... Well, except for 26th birthday in San Francisco when he ordered me room service.

So I enjoyed my breakfast then got up to do the dishes (breakfast in bed doesn't include dish-washing). After that, I got on a cleaning roll... and spent the next four hours cleaning the entire house from ceiling to floor. I unpacked all the boxes that were laying around the house, and I started laundry. The dehumidifier arrived yesterday (much to my excitement, along with the clothes I ordered), and Jed set it up today.

I love the feeling of being productive and crossing so much off my list. This means I can spend the rest of my four-day weekend in blissful relaxation. Tomorrow is probably going to be spent in Newport, RI, on the beach and walking the Cliff Walk, then I am going out with my girlies to Olives to see/dance to What Matters! Saturday is Jed's family reunion, so I will get up and bake cupcakes, then head to CT for that.

Sunday is wide open... suggestions on how to spend the last day of this beautiful weekend?

What do you like to do on your "unplanned" days off from work?

2 comments:

brooke said...

OH WOWOW LADY!!!! WOW!!! that day does sound amazing! i would love to have a day off of work just to do whatever i had to do on my to do list...enjoy your time and your man lady!!!

Unknown said...

What an amazing day! I have to admit, I'm UBER jealous! Have a great long weekend!