Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm... hopeful and content

So damn easy to say that life's so hard
Everybody's got their share of battle scars
As for me I'd like to thank my lucky stars that
I'm alive and well
It'd be easy to add up all the pain
And all the dreams you've sat and watch go up in flames
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
But not me...
I'm alive
And today you know that's good enough for me
Breathing in and out's a blessing can't you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
And I'm alive and well
I'm alive and well
Stars are dancin' on the water here tonight
It's good for the soul when there's not a soul in sight
This motor's caught its wind and brought me back to life
Now I'm alive and well
And today you know that's good enough for me
Breathing in and out's a blessing can't you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
Now I'm alive and well
Yeah I'm alive and well
"I'm Alive" by Kenny Chesney, featuring Dave Matthews

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was about to write, that's an amazing song, then I saw Kenny Chesney and pondered to myself that maybe I should start listening to country music. And then I saw it was a also Dave Matthews and it made me love it even more!

Glad I found your little bliggity blog!

Jen said...

Doubters beware... I am in love with Kenny... and I have no shame! If you are a newbie, check out the album "Be As You Are: Songs from an Old Blue Chair." It's not super country, just really mellow and more Jimmy Buffett.

Thanks KLaw, and welcome to my little bliggity blog! I've been loving yours too!